The Debt Dialogues [Episode 24]: Jagadeesh Gokhale on America’s Debt Disaster
The Debt Dialogues is a weekly podcast that aims to educate young people about the welfare state and how it will affect their future. In this episode, I interview Cato senior fellow Jagadeesh Gokhale on America’s entitlement-fueled debt problem. Topics covered include:
- How much debt does America face?
- What is the cause of our mounting debt?
- What are the economic effects of enormous debt levels?
- Is this problem hard or easy to fix?
Note: the audio is of lower quality than usual. My apologies.
- Jagadeesh Gokhale’s biography and writings
- The Government Debt Iceberg — Jagadeesh Gokhale
- Spending Beyond Our Means: How We Are Bankrupting Future Generations — Jagadeesh Gokhale
- The Debt Dialogues [Episode 1]: Laurence Kotlikoff on America’s Welfare State Crisis
Image: Bruce Rolff via Shutterstock.com