The Yaron Brook Show: Free Banking and Monetary Freedom
Tomorrow, September 24, Don Watkins is sitting in for Yaron Brook and will discuss the virtues of free banking and monetary freedom with George Selgin, senior fellow and director of the Center for Monetary and Financial Alternatives at the Cato Institute and professor emeritus of economics at the University of Georgia. Join Don Watkins here at 2:30 p.m. Eastern and learn about:
- The ethics and economics of fractional reserve banking
- The Fed as the cause of inflation and instability
- The cause of pre-Fed financial panics
- The origin of the Fed
- The Fed’s role in the financial crisis of 2008
- “Is Fractional-Reserve Banking Inflationary?” by George Selgin
- “Should We Let Banks Create Money?” by George Selgin
- “Has the Fed Been a Failure?” by George Selgin
- Free Banking and the Fed [Video] with George Selgin
Don’t forget that you can subscribe to The Yaron Brook Show on iTunes.
For more news on ARI’s fight for a rational culture, subscribe to Impact Weekly.