The Ayn Rand Institute Europe Turns 1
In a move to capitalize on growing interest in Ayn Rand’s ideas across Europe, the Ayn Rand Institute announced the expansion of their global outreach strategy with the launch of a new program — Ayn Rand Institute Europe. That was one year ago this month and what a productive year it’s been.
Here are some highlights of ARI Europe’s achievements over the past twelve months:
- ARI speakers toured 22 European countries where they spoke at 39 events in front of nearly 4,000 people.
- ARI Europe currently has partners in 38 European countries coordinating events to promote Objectivism.
- In 2015 alone, 55 volunteers from 27 countries supported ARI Europe initiatives.
- The ARI Europe Facebook page has more than 2,600 likes and it’s growing daily.
- Three Objectivist centers are in the development stages in Serbia, Bulgaria and Greece. Two more are in the planning stages.
- The ARI Europe website is accessible in five different languages and at least four more are on the way.
Looking ahead, ARI Europe plans to bolster fundraising activities to support a five-year growth strategy for promoting Rand’s principles of reason, rational self-interest and laissez-faire capitalism to European audiences. The plan includes:
- Establishing new and strengthening current partnerships with students, student organizations and free-market think tanks
- Annual speaker tours that would reach at least 12 countries per year
- An expanded social media outreach strategy
- Ayn Rand essay contests specific to European countries
For details on ARI executive director Yaron Brook’s upcoming tour of Europe, click here.
To find out how you can get involved in ARI Europe, email program manager Annie Vinther Sanz at info@AynRandEurope.org.