Steve Simpson Speaking Tour: Defending Freedom
Steve Simpson is currently on the road, visiting college campuses to give talks and debate topics such as the right to free speech, economic freedom, cronyism and campaign finance reform.
Yesterday, October 27, Simpson gave a talk titled “A Moral Defense of the First Amendment” at Sandra Day O’Connor Law School – Arizona State University in Phoenix, Arizona. Here’s what’s coming up:
- October 29, 2016 — Morning session on Defending Free Speech and a book signing at 560 AM The Answer’s Freedom Summit 2016 in Chicago.
- October 31, 2016 — Free public talk, titled “The First Amendment Is Not Enough: Why Free Speech Needs a Moral Defense.” The University of Chicago Federalist Society Student Chapter is hosting this event at University of Chicago Law School in Chicago.
- November 1, 2016 — Free public debate, titled “Does Justice Breyer’s Collective Rights Approach to the First Amendment Spell the Death of Free Speech?” The Northwestern Federalist Society Student Chapter is hosting this debate at the Northwestern University Law School in Chicago.
- November 4, 2016 — Classroom talk, titled “Free Minds and Free Markets: Economic Liberty as a Moral and Constitutional Right,” at Berry College in Mount Berry, Georgia.
- November 5, 2016 — Three panel discussions at 2016 Ayn Rand Student Conference in Atlanta, Georgia.
- November 7, 2016 — Free public talk, titled “An Empire of Pressure Groups: Why Cronyism Is Destroying Freedom and the Rule of Law.” The Emory Federalist Society Student Chapter is hosting this event at Emory University School of Law in Atlanta, Georgia.
- November 8, 2016 — Free public debate, titled “Is It Time to Abolish Campaign Finance Laws?” The GSU Federalist Society student Chapter is hosting this debate at Georgia State University Law School in Atlanta, Georgia.
If you are in the neighborhood, then don’t miss the opportunity to attend one of Steve Simpson’s talks.
For updates on these and other upcoming talks and events, click here.
Follow Steve on Twitter @ssfreespeech.
Be sure to order your copy of Defending Free Speech.
For more news on ARI’s fight for a rational culture, subscribe to Impact Weekly.