The Ayn Rand Institute Confirms Objectivist Summer Conference 2017 Speakers
May 2, 2017
Objectivist Summer Conference 2017 will be held June 10–15, 2017, at the Sheraton Pittsburgh Hotel at Station Square in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Fittingly given Pittsburgh’s rich history as one of America’s foremost industrial centers, the conference will honor productive heroes and the achievements of innovators and entrepreneurs, in addition to celebrating the 60th anniversary of Ayn Rand’s magnum opus, Atlas Shrugged.
Full programming details are available at objectivistconferences.com. Following are highlights:
- Productive Achievement: Men’s “Noblest Activity” with Onkar Ghate, senior fellow at ARI, explores what Objectivism means by “virtue of productiveness,” and discusses aspects of our culture’s positive and negative attitudes toward producers and productive activity.
- The Influence of Atlas Shrugged on My Life and Business Career with Lars Seier Christensen, co-founder of Denmark’s Saxo Bank and founder of the private equity firm Seier Capital, shows the role that Objectivism and Atlas Shrugged played in his personal and professional development.
- Who Killed Speed? A Murder Mystery History of Aviation with Blake Scholl, founder of Boom Supersonic, presents a moral and political history of aviation and shares Boom Supersonic’s ambitious plans to rekindle progress.
- Life, Liberty and Intellectual Property with Adam Mossoff, professor of law at George Mason University and the founder/director of Academic Programs at the Center for the Protection of Intellectual Property, addresses the nature of patent rights, emphasizing the Founding Fathers’ moral achievement in securing patents and other intellectual property rights in U.S. law.
- A special free speech panel with Flemming Rose, internationally renowned free speech defender, Dave Rubin, of The Rubin Report , and Steve Simpson, director of Legal Studies at ARI, evaluates the state of free speech today.
Objectivist Summer Conference is the largest annual gathering of Objectivists in the world. “The conference is a unique opportunity to learn about Ayn Rand’s ideas and how they relate to today’s cultural and political issues,” said Anu Seppala, director of Cultural Outreach at ARI.
For information contact:
Visit objectivistconferences.com or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.